Sunday, September 11, 2011

Count Your Blessings



On this day ten years ago I was a 10 year old fifth grader at John F. Kennedy Montessori Elementary School me and my classmates were sitting in art class when our teacher on the television and said "Oh my God, Oh my God." We saw air planes crash into the World Trade Center in New York City at the moment me and my friends thought it was a movie and we couldn't understand why is it was replayed over and over again on television. Then she turned off the television and explained what had happened about 30 minutes later our principal came on the intercom and made an announcement stating that we would not have recess and possibly might have an early dismissal.


On this day ten years ago millions of people lost mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, extended family and friends due to act of violence and hatred. Please count your blessings and be grateful for each morning you wake-up and have breath in your body I say this because I feel as though we all take that for granted including myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment