Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hazel Keech: 'I think Bollywood chose me'

Bodyguard star Hazel Keech has revealed that she had to force herself to choose between Bollywood and Hollywood.

The actress, who makes her debut in the action film opposite Salman Khan, was born in the UK to an English father and an Indian mother from Mauritius.

She told Mumbai Mirror: "Since I have grown up abroad, I was always in a dilemma between Bollywood and Hollywood. I used to watch a lot of Bollywood movies with my mum and my grandmother. I think Bollywood chose me. "

Keech added that it had initially been a struggle to find work in India after starring in the Tamil remake of Don.

"I was Helen in the movie and I had to dance like her. The journey has been tough. When I was busy, I was very busy. But then there were times when I had no work at all," she said.

"This waiting was very difficult. But I utilised this time to learn. I worked on my Hindi, joined kick-boxing classes and learned Yoga etc. I also remember watching a lot of films in this time. I am very grateful for this struggle."

The 24-year-old appeared in the first three films in the Harry Potter franchise.

Bodyguard co-star Kareena Kapoor has said that the remake of the Malayam film revolves around her character.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment