Thursday, September 22, 2011

Madhur Bhandarkar gets court summons over rape claim

Madhur Bhandarkar could face a rape trial after receiving a summons over an allegation dating from 2004.

The director was accused of rape by actress Pretti Jaiin, but he claimed that she had made the allegation because he did not cast her in a film.

Bhandarkar said in a statement to The Times of India: "As the lower court has issued a process against me for a case which has been going on for seven years, I would like to say that after reading the judgment, we will challenge this order in higher courts to seek justice."

The Heroine director said that the actress has also filed legal charges against another filmmaker claiming that he is the father of her child.

Bhandarkar also alleged that Jaiin has previously tried to "plot" against him, saying: "I would like to mention that Pretti Jaiin was arrested for hatching a plot to eliminate me in 2005, with the help of the underworld.

"She was arrest by Agripada police station and was behind bars for almost a month. I have full faith and respect for the judiciary and I am confident of proving myself innocent."

In August, Bhandarkar said that his realistic style of filmmaking causes controversy.

He is currently working on Heroine after replacing Aishwarya Rai Bachchan with Kareena Kapoor in the lead role.

No comments:

Post a Comment