Thursday, September 1, 2011

My wedding was not traditional,"Celina Jaitley"

Celina Jaitley has revealed that she decided against having a traditional wedding to Austrian boyfriend Peter Haag.

The actress and gay rights campaigner married her long-term partner in Austria on July 23.

Jaitley told The Times of India: "It was definitely magical. We are planning a reception to celebrate this important occasion in our lives.

"It was an intimate affair attended by very close family members only. Since my parents couldn't make it due to last minute visa challenges, Peter's father gave me away during the ceremony."

Jaitley continued: "I am Indian and wearing a saree was a personal decision. My dearest friend Rahuul Jashnani flew in this vintage, royalty inspired chiffon saree decorated with gold mukaish especially for the wedding.

"My Prince Charming and his father went out of their way to make it the most magical moment of my life. I had a beautiful wedding amid the sunshine of the Austrian mountains and under the high arches of a place that has never had a wedding before.

"Most importantly, with the right person, my Prince Peter. It was a wedding beyond my wildest dreams."

Jaitley added that she will now live between Dubai, where Haag lives, and Mumbai, as she will continue acting in Bollywood.

In July, Jaitley dismissed media speculation that she is a lesbian based on her extensive campaigning on gay and lesbian equality in India.

No comments:

Post a Comment