Thursday, November 17, 2011

Madame, are you ready to be waxed? Amanda Keller, Wil Anderson among candidates for wax figure


It's not an easy thing getting waxed in public.

Just ask Amanda Keller who has discovered she’s in the running to become an exhibit in Madame Tussauds when it opens Down Under next year.

She joins TV personalities Wil Anderson, Kerri-Anne Kennerley, David Koch, Rebecca Gibney and radio shock jock Kyle Sandilands vying in a public vote to become the final waxwork creation made for display.

“It’ll be a bit weird I think,” Keller told news.com.au. “It’s like when you look at a photo of yourself or when you catch yourself in a mirror and you think … is my bum really that big – OMG that’s me.”

Keller said the finalists were an “eclectic bunch” chosen because they were well-placed as media personalities to “drum up their own votes”.

“Please vote for me,” she said. “The other alternatives are I get mounted or stuffed.”

Comedian Wil Anderson said while he thinks it is "completely ridiculous" that there could be a wax statue of himself in existence, it was so out there that he was going to revel in the thought.

"I don't think I'm going to win," Anderson told news.com.au, "but I love the idea that for three weeks we live in a world where it is at least possible that there could be a wax figure of me and I'm really going to enjoy those three weeks."

"If I do get one, I'm going to sneak in at night and get it to make out with the statues of other famous people."

The museum opens at Sydney’s Darling Harbour in May next year with wax figures of celebrities including Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman and Lady Gaga.

Home and Away character Alf Stewart - played by Ray Meagher - will also be immortalised.

It is the 13th Madame Tussauds in the world, covering 1800sqm and costing $14 million.

No comments:

Post a Comment