Thursday, November 17, 2011

Nobody Knows What It Means........



Ball so hard muthaf****kas wanna find me
That s**t Kray

Lyrics recited from the popular Jay-Z and Kanye West song N****gas in Paris




Personally I do not use the infamous N-Word and yes I understand why Nas decided to make than album titled almost four years ago. But I cringe when I hear my African-American peers say a term that was and is still used to insult African-Americans. I admit that I am no saint because I use profane language myself. But as I was listening to the song by Hov and Kanye I wanted to do some research on what they were talking about and I found out an interesting fact.


The origin of the term "Cray" from the song is actually not a shortened form of "crazy," nor is it "cray," it's actually means  "Kray" this is a reference to the schizophrenic twins Ronald and Reginald Kray. The Kray twins who were crime lords of London in the 1950's and 1960's. The police failed to locate them on numerous occasions, which is where the line " Ball so hard, muthaf****kas wanna find me, that shit Kray comes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment