Wednesday, November 23, 2011

she feels lucky she did not die young after going through "heavy, darker times."

Angelina Jolie

Angelina Jolie has told how she feels lucky she did not die young after going through "heavy, darker times."

In an upcoming interview with "60 Minutes," Jolie says the wild child part of her persona -- the one that wore a vial of then-husband Billy Bob Thornton's blood when they were married and who shared a strangely intimate kiss with her brother at the 2000 Academy Awards -- is not completely gone.

"I'm still a bad girl," Jolie says. "I still have that side of me. It's just in its place now. It belongs to [current partner] Brad [Pitt]."

Jolie's words conjured up images of heated bedroom play, but she quickly clarified, "To our adventures."

The 36-year-old may be a mother of six and a film director now (her movie "In the Land of Blood and Honey" opens Dec. 23), but the actress still feels deeply connected to her troubled past.

"I went through heavy, darker times and I survived them. I didn't die young," Jolie says. "So I am very lucky. There are other artists and people that didn't survive certain things."

When prodded by interviewer Bob Simon on what she meant, Jolie says, "I was hoping you missed that. Nothing I want to go into a lot detail about, but I think people can imagine that I did the most dangerous and I did the worst and admit, for many reasons, I shouldn't be here.

"You just think there were too many times where you came too close to too many dangerous things, too many chances taken too, too far."

Jolie's interview on "60 Minutes" airs Sunday, Nov. 27 at 7:00pm ET on CBS.

No comments:

Post a Comment