Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The World's Greatest



"I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was."

Muhammad Ali Happy 70th birthday to Louisville's Finest "The Champ"


As a Louisville, Ky  native I am proud to say Happy Birthday to Muhammad Ali born and raised as Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr.




Boxing Record
Total Fights 61
Wins 56
Wins by KO 37
Losses 5
Draws 0
Contests 0
Gold Medal in 1960 Summer Olympics in Rome



 Papa Don't Take No Mess.....  Ali was publicly vilified for refusing to participate in the Vietnam War . Based on religious beliefs and opposition to the war Ali said these famous words " I have no quarrel with them Viet Cong....No Viet Cong ever called me nigger."




Ali would eventually be arrested and found guilty on draft evasion charges; he was stripped of his boxing title, and his boxing license was suspended. He was not imprisoned, but did not fight again for nearly four years while his appeal worked its way up to the  U.S. Supreme Court, where it was eventually very successful. 



Ali  joined the Nation of Islam in 1964 although he later converted to Sunni Islam, and has recently been practicing Sufi Islam. Ali is also the first and only boxer to hold three-time line World Heavyweight Title.


I love you Champ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment