Thursday, April 21, 2011

Am out of Soundcity - Denrele



Controversial Soundcity vee-jay, Denrele Edun, has confirmed his resignation from the popular urban music channel, Soundcity.

The popular presenter, who is famous for his peculiar lifestyle as well as for impressively conducting many red carpet interviews for the music channel, revealed that he voluntarily left his job of six years to pursue some other personal dreams.

"I resigned two weeks ago," said Denrele, who has now attained a celebrity status, in a telephone conversation with entertainmenttalks gossiper. "I believe it was time I move on to a greener pasture and do other things for myself."

Denrele, who is currently on the location of a yet-to-be titled new traditional epic movie with Funke Akindele and Yinka Quadri in Oyo State, also quickly dispelled rumours that his exit from his old job is fuelled by a fallout with his boss concerning his infamous picture with Charly Boy.

"It had nothing to do with it. The picture happened before last year's Soundcity Music Video Awards and since then, I have continued to host shows for Soundcity without any issue. Initially, I thought it will cause a little tension because I know I am a controversial figure but really it did not," he said.

Denrele also reveals that aside taking more prominent roles in movies, his next plan includes coming up with his own television show.

"I hope to soon flag up my own celebrity interview show. I have interviewed so many celebrities and I hope to use that to start on my own. Recently, I was in Dubai to host a show Usher had, so I hope to continue to do things for myself," he said.

Mid-last year, a picture of Denrele in a mouth-to-mouth kiss with Charly Boy was released on the Internet and met with wide spread condemnation.

Although Soundcity boss, Tajudeen Adepetu, isn't available to comment on Denrele's exit, he was vociferous in condemning the picture with Charly Boy in an old interview. He called it "a foolish act".

No comments:

Post a Comment